(601) 924-1555 • Clinton, MS
Preventative dentistry plays a crucial role as far as oral health is concerned. Thoroughly and regularly brushing your teeth and flossing is vital in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Unfortunately, sometimes, even an excellent oral care routine at home may not be enough to prevent some dental issues like cavities, especially when some regions of your dental structure remain difficult to access. That is where preventative dentistry comes in. it complements your dental routine at home to ensure that you give yourself the complete and proactive oral hygiene you need.
What Is Preventative Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is all about taking the proper measures to care for your teeth to reduce or prevent the risk of severe oral problems later. Various preventive treatment options fall under preventative dentistry, from regular dental examinations to fluoride treatments, x-rays, sealants, and cleanings. These treatment options offer dental protection and cover issues that regular brushing and flossing cannot.
Benefits Of Preventative Dentistry
Preventative dentistry comes with so many benefits. These include the following;
- Prevent cavities: One of the essential benefits of preventative dentistry is that it helps prevent the formation of cavities. As mentioned previously, regular brushing and flossing do not necessarily take care of those hard-to-reach regions in your teeth structure, especially the molars and premolars. Preventative dentistry, which includes measures like professional dental cleaning, will help prevent cavities, eliminate plaque and prevent tartar buildup.
- Early detection: Another significant benefit is that you can identify potential dental problems through regular examinations. Through professional checkups, the hard-to-reach areas can receive a thorough exam. That will help prevent issues in areas like the deep spaces between your gums and teeth. Experts recommend visiting your dentist at least once every six months for a thorough examination.
- Prevent gum disease: We have already mentioned that regular examination can help inspect areas like the deep spaces between your gums and teeth. Preventative dentistry can also help prevent plaque and tartar buildup on your gums and teeth. And this will significantly reduce your risk of developing gum diseases like periodontitis and gingivitis. Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums, while periodontitis can destroy the jawbones.
- Save money: Believe it or not, visiting your dentist regularly for thorough dental checkups can help you save a lot of money in the long run. That is especially true when you compare how much you spend to the cost of treating specific dental issues. Most dental insurance policies cover regular examinations and dental cleaning services, so you don’t need to make any payments from your pocket.
- Saves times: Sometimes, taking time off your busy schedule to spend long hours at the dentist for treatment can be very frustrating. Instead of spending a lot of time on the treatment chair or at home recovering, it is best to take a few minutes every six months to get a comprehensive checkup.
- Improves your smile: Preventative dentistry also helps to improve your smile. Having your teeth checked and cleaned regularly will get rid of stains and discolorations, leaving you with a sparkling smile.
Preventative Services That We Provide
Northside Dental Group, located in Clinton, Mississippi, provides preventive dentistry services to help you regain your smile. We perform oral examinations using procedures such as x-rays to evaluate your teeth’ health and detect any issues before they cause severe damage. We also provide fluoride treatments that strengthen the teeth and apply sealants to fill spaces in the teeth that could trap debris that causes teeth decay and cavities. Our dental cleaning procedures also remove plaque that your toothbrush couldn’t eliminate, keeping your teeth clean.
Schedule a complimentary consultation by calling (601) 924-1555