(601) 924-1555 • Clinton, MS
If you feel a little too embarrassed to show your smile because of dental problems like discolorations, misshapen teeth, unevenly spaced teeth, or chipped teeth, then dental veneers might be a perfect solution for you. Dental veneers can help restore that smile you lack back to your face. You can always speak with an experienced dentist like Northside Dental Group, located in Clinton, Mississippi, to help you with the right dental veneer solution.
What Are Veneers?
A dental veneer is a layer of material placed over the teeth. These are mainly thin coverings that cover the front or visible part of the teeth to make them look as naturally white as possible. Veneers are great when it comes to correcting dental issues like worn and chipped teeth and discolored or stained teeth that cannot be whitened by bleaching.
Benefits Of Wearing Veneers?
Here are some of the benefits of wearing dental veneers.
- Cover discolorations, cracks, and chips: As already mentioned, you can resort to dental veneers to cover teeth discoloration when other whitening options fail. However, your dentist will first determine if you qualify for this option. Additionally, dental veneers are great for covering chips and cracks in the tooth.
- Cosmetic benefits: Opting for dental veneers can quickly improve your smile and make you feel more confident about your looks. Because they appear as white as the natural tooth, they are not noticeable, therefore giving off the luster of bright teeth. Plus, dental veneers are custom-made to suit the dental structure of each person. Braces and other orthodontic treatment options may be very common, but some people opt for veneers because the procedure is comparatively painless. Veneers do not require removing the teeth, as they only act as a form of camouflage.
- Improve tooth structure: The process of fixing dental veneers involves removing protons of the enamel and attaching the veneer to the front part of the teeth. Fitting veneers, therefore, allows for alignment of your teeth, improving tooth structure in the process. It also helps to strengthen your teeth in the process while giving you a better smile.
- Require minimal enamel removal: Although fixing dental veneers requires removing some portions of the enamel, it is only minimal, as only a thin layer is removed. Also, because the procedure is non-evasive, you may not need anesthesia for any part of the process.
- Prevent tooth discoloration: Aside from covering chips, cracks, and discoloration, you can also use dental veneers to prevent tooth discoloration. Because the veneer forms a sort of protective covering on the enamel, it prevents the natural tooth from coming into contact with the food you eat. That means you can preserve your natural tooth and prevent it from becoming discolored.
- Low maintenance: Unlike braces, dental veneers also require very little maintenance. However, you will still need to do your part to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Boost your confidence: A good smile is capable of boosting anyone’s confidence. And opting for dental veneers is one of the easiest ways to give your confidence the boost it needs.
Schedule a complimentary consultation by calling (601) 924-1555